Fidget Spinners… are they our friend or our foe? It’s all the craze and it may even be making YOU crazy. Well, you’re not the only one. I know it’s making some schools and camps crazy too.
So, what’s a parent to do?
Well, let’s look at the good points:
- It’s not a very expensive treat for your child.
- It’s fascinating and does help kids relax and focus.
- It encourages a child’s curiosity about how it works.
- It’s small and does not take up a lot of room in your house.
OK the not-so-good points:
- Kids tend to obsess over these spinners.
- They want more and more of them.
- They take them everywhere they go and lose them often or have them taken away.
- They may distract them from what they are supposed to be doing.
- Create a schedule of when kids can use their spinners.
- Let your kids know where and when they can take spinners with them.
- Sit down and talk with your kids and set up guidelines together. Listen to their ideas of how they can be responsible and take control of what and where and when to use their new spinners.
- Recognize the relaxing benefits of these spinners.
- Buy them in bulk (funexpress.com) and use them as 5 minute refocus breaks during the camp/school day. Your kids will love these breaks.
- Let kids know that if they bring their fidget spinners to school and they are confiscated, they will go into the bulk spinner box that is used for the school/camp and will become the property of the school/camp.
- Send a letter home to parents about how fidget spinners are going to be used productively in your school. Also inform them of the confiscation rule noted above.
The Fidget Spinner can definitely be a friend when used in a positive way and everyone agrees on the proper place to play with their new spinners.
If this post was helpful to you, comment below and let’s help some more parents! Feel free to share this with anyone who has kids or just might enjoy the read.
Peace, Love & Laughter!
Let’s raise happy and healthy kids together!